3 week course Monday nights 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. February 12, 19, 26
In this 3 week Introduction to PhotoShop Class, we will begin by learning the basics of LightRoom. Lightroom is a program that will be included with your subscription purchase of PhotoShop through Adobe Creative Cloud. I highly encourage students to download both of these programs with their $10 subscription. Lightroom is a very powerful program to help you learn proper workflow from camera to computer. We will use LightRoom to adjust our images for exposure in photos, create black and whites, sepia, and other easy effects for our photographs.
Over the next 2 weeks, will quickly move on to PhotoShop to cover the basics of cropping, image adjustments, and basic retouching, and other basic features of Photoshop to get you started using PhotoShop to easily edit your photographs and get them ready for printing.
- Importing Your Files from a Card Reader
- Creating Unique Folders and Saving on an External Hard Drive
- Importing images into Lightroom
- Basic Adjustments such as Exposure, Cropping, Vignetting in Lightroom
- Exporting to Photoshop and saving images as a .jpeg
- Learning Photoshop workspace and toolbars
- Opening Up Files in Photoshop
- Crop, Exposure Adjustments, Sharpening
- Basic Editing Such as Retouching Wrinkles and Smoothing Out Skin
What to bring:
- Your laptop loaded with Lightroom and Photoshop. If you are paying the monthly subscription fee for Photoshop *$10 a month, then Lightroom is included in that bundle.
- Patrice will provide the images for all students to work on together from processing the files to editing them as jpegs in Photoshop.
This will be a hands on class and we will be working individually and together to learn how to take the images from a RAW state and the workflow designed to edit, and prepare the file to ultimately present to a client, or print.
Groupons will not be accepted for this class